Scouts | Terrain FAQs
A knowledge base of common questions.
- Will the system work on my device?
- Will I get notifications or external messages?
- Where is the data hosted?
- Where can I find the additional awards?
- What’s a JSON file?
- What kind of files can I upload?
- What happens if I have multiple roles in Scouting? (i.e. I’m a Rover Scout & an adult Leader)
- What happens if everyone logs in at once, or 10,000 people log in to the system at a Jamboree?
- What about if I don’t have an internet connection?
- Is there a ‘dark’ mode?
- Is the system only available in English?
- How much does Scouts | Terrain cost?
- How much bandwidth or data is used when I use Scouts | Terrain?
- How many different versions of Scouts | Terrain are there?
- How does the system cater for Scouts with additional needs?
- How do I access the system, do I need to download an app?
- How can I get access to Scouts | Terrain if I’m a Rover Scout?
- Do I need an email address to use the system?
- Can Scouts | Terrain connect with smart devices and sport watches to get hiking or adventure data?
- Can I use the system on my phone & a computer at the same time?
- Can a youth member edit their submission once it’s been submitted for approval?
- As an adult Leader, how can I directly change, control, submit or support a youth member’s personal progression in the Achievement Pathways?