Check this knowledge base of Scouts | Terrain Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) if you want to know more, or are having some troubles with Scouts | Terrain.
We have moved the FAQs into a new location that complements other Scouts | Terrain resources, as well as all the other youth program documents, videos, and resources.
You can go directly to the FAQs at pr.scouts.com.au/terrain/faq/
Or, find the FAQs button on the Scouts | Terrain page on the Program Resources website (pr.scouts.com.au).
You can even find it in the program resources website menu, under the Scouts | Terrain menu item (where there is also a direct link to Scouts | Terrain login).
An exciting new feature is the ability to search the FAQs for the particular topic or question you want to know more about.
The button that links you to the FAQs currently found on Scouts | Terrain itself, will be updated on Monday 21st September, 2020.
New questions have been added, and old questions revised. This will continue as Scouts | Terrain grows and matures.
Use this resource to assist in getting started in Scouts | Terrain. Before you and your Unit can really get started in Scouts | Terrain, there are a few simple steps that you may need to complete first.
The instructions here relate to the functions for adults operating in a Scout Group.
How To Get Started in Scouts | Terrain is available in the Scouts | Terrain page, under the User Guides tab.
Resources on pr.scouts.com.au/terrain/ are being updated as we start to bring on more users, and new features begin to appear.
You can find them in the User Guides tab of the Scouts | Terrain page.
Newly added resources include:
- How to install Scouts | Terrain to your device
- How to propose an idea in Scouts | Terrain
- How to plan an activity in Scouts | Terrain
- How to navigate the Outdoor Adventure Skills
- How to enter a Special Interest Area project for Scouts, Venturer Scouts and Rover Scouts
- And in the Videos Guides tab, the Guide to the Outdoor Adventure Skills in Scouts | Terrain
The three most recent Scouts | Terrain development updates are now available for download. These were also distributed directly through branch teams and shared on the Scouts Australia Scouts | Terrain User Community Facebook group.
These include the most recent update from Sunday (22 August).
Find these updates under the System Development tab on the Scouts | Terrain page.
Some additional resources have now been made available for Scouts | Terrain. They are:
- Guide to using Scouts | Terrain in different languages
- Pioneer Tracker Data Export Instructions Video
- Scouts | Terrain Data Input Wizard Video
You can find these on the Scouts | Terrain page.
We have now made available some initial Scouts | Terrain user guides. You can find guides on:
- How To Import Data
- How To Navigate the Members Table
- How Setup Scout Groups (Units and Patrols)
- Pioneer Tracker Export Instructions
These new guides can be found on the Scouts | Terrain page, under the User Guides tab.
pr.scouts.com.au now features a dedicated page for Scouts | Terrain resources.
This page will grow with resources as documentation, guides, and videos become available.
And don’t forget to join us in the Scouts | Terrain User Community Facebook group, to join in discussions and obtain peer support using this brand new digital programming and record keeping system.
Video recordings of the webinars developed for our early adopters are now available in the dedicated new Scouts | Terrain page.
It is important to note that from feedback and what continues to be developed, Scouts | Terrain has already evolved and will continue to evolve from what can be seen in the videos. This means that the final product will be even better than what you see here!
Another change is the name. You might see “Traverse” on some screens. This was a possible name but it couldn’t be used in the end.
Read more about Scouts | Terrain here.
Finally, get yourself into the Scouts | Terrain User Community Facebook Group to discuss and learn more about Scouts | Terrain!
Scouts Australia & Two Bulls have had some really busy weeks in development recently.
Check out our development update here (Click here!).
Here are some highlights:
- Basecamp has been created. This is an exciting visual representation of the Achievement Pathways which members can interact with.
- We welcomed our Digital Champions & user testers through a training session on the 14th June.
- User Testing has commenced on the 19th June, and will conclude approx. 10th July.
- Programming (being able to create a Unit’s program cycle) has been created. We will be making tweaks to this based on User Testing feedback & our team’s examination.
- Two Bulls announced their partnership with Scouts Australia
- Achievement Pathways content has been feature completed – we are now making tweaks to language, layout and age appropriateness
- We have published a Scouts Australia news page containing exciting info about the system! (Website Link)
We are excited to share a development update – and looking forward to getting this system out there for all Scouting members.
Enjoy this update, and be excited for launch.
Check out the other sprint development updates in the Other Resources section of this site.
We have now published each of the “Sprint Updates” for the new digital system coming online in July. The system has been under development since the end of 2019 and development has comprised of a series of “sprints” to create each of the different areas of functionality. You can read about each Sprint and the work that has been achieved surrounding each Sprint in the Sprint Updates. There are currently 8 Sprints reported on, with 10 planned in total.
Sprint Updates can be found on the Other Resources page, under the New Digital System tab.
You can also read the latest detail about the new digital system on the Scouts Australia website here.