Scouts Australia & Two Bulls have had some really busy weeks in development recently.
Check out our development update here (Click here!).
Here are some highlights:
- Basecamp has been created. This is an exciting visual representation of the Achievement Pathways which members can interact with.
- We welcomed our Digital Champions & user testers through a training session on the 14th June.
- User Testing has commenced on the 19th June, and will conclude approx. 10th July.
- Programming (being able to create a Unit’s program cycle) has been created. We will be making tweaks to this based on User Testing feedback & our team’s examination.
- Two Bulls announced their partnership with Scouts Australia
- Achievement Pathways content has been feature completed – we are now making tweaks to language, layout and age appropriateness
- We have published a Scouts Australia news page containing exciting info about the system! (Website Link)
We are excited to share a development update – and looking forward to getting this system out there for all Scouting members.
Enjoy this update, and be excited for launch.
Check out the other sprint development updates in the Other Resources section of this site.
We have now published each of the “Sprint Updates” for the new digital system coming online in July. The system has been under development since the end of 2019 and development has comprised of a series of “sprints” to create each of the different areas of functionality. You can read about each Sprint and the work that has been achieved surrounding each Sprint in the Sprint Updates. There are currently 8 Sprints reported on, with 10 planned in total.
Sprint Updates can be found on the Other Resources page, under the New Digital System tab.
You can also read the latest detail about the new digital system on the Scouts Australia website here.
The Programming Overview document has been updated based on recent feedback.
The content has been significantly reviewed and updated to bring it up to date with key messages about good programming using the four Challenge Areas.
It has also been updated with the new branding and to remove the “Pioneers” titles originally featured on this very early resource for the new program.
You can find version 2.0 in the Weekly Program page, under the Programming tab.
Two Microsoft Excel documents have been created to support program planning for Units. One is The Program Planning blank template, and the other is an example of a completed template.
These files are now combined into a single zipped toolkit for download: Program Planning Toolkit (Interim).
(These are interim while we await the development of an online digital system for program planning and the new program).
.zip files can be “unzipped” on Windows and Mac computers without installing extra software.
Go to the Weekly Program section, under the tab Programming, to find the toolkit.
The Program Planning documents for each section are being updated on this site. New versions for the Joey Scout, Cub Scout, Scout and Venturer Scout sections have been uploaded today. These provide a step-by-step process for programming, compiled from some of your suggestions in the recent new program survey.